Thursday, June 20, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend & Birthday :)

Memorial Day weekend included a visit to Battle Creek, some fun birthday things, a workout tradition with the Hero WOD Murph, and a visit to Critter Barn. :)





Saturday morning, when we arrived at Mem's, it didn't take long for the girls to want to go swimming. Even though it wasn't super warm out, they still just wanted to go swimming!










An afternoon nap seemed like an awesome idea, and Blu joined me for a bit, as well as Mem, too!



When Mem came and laid on the bed, too, Taylor took a picture, and it kind of made me laugh because it reminded me of the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, with all the grandparents in the bed together. LOL!

We had a yummy grilled out dinner.

We had cupcakes for dessert - which the girls loved getting to decorate on their own! 



And there were some presents, too. :)




After all the fun, the girls wanted to go swimming, again, and I joined them this time! The water actually felt pretty good! A little cool, but refreshing!





The next morning, I drank coffee out of a Mutts mug, with my new Mutts character I got for my birthday - Mooch!

It was rainy, so the girls had fun doing a couple of Kiwi Crates - Camryn's was all about circuits, and Taylor's was all about "machines".






That night, we headed home, because the next morning, I was going to be doing annual Hero WOD for Memorial Day - Murph. 1 mile run, 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, 1 mile run - all with a 20lb weight vest. We had a small crew do it early, but I actually had a pretty good finishing time compared to other years!



I got to try out my new gymnastics grips that dad got for me for my birthday!

We went to the Bosch family picnic midday, and then Camryn came home with me to watch a movie while I worked on report cards.

We decided to take a little ride over to the Critter Barn together, and Taylor and Ryan stopped by, too. We got to see my favorite little bunny there, whose name is Smokey Sausage. Love that little guy.










It was a pretty great weekend - and we were all looking forward to wrapping up the school year - and summer coming!! 
And, I just have to say, these two were pretty awesome for my birthday. Lots of extra hugs, Taylor helped with chores and things like helping me put the groceries away, and they both wanted to try to make their own dinner, so I didn't have to. :)  Love them! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment