Years ago, when the girls were tiny, I did a few "here is how a typical day looks" kind of posts, so I thought it would be fun to document what our first day of summer break 2019 was like - now that Taylor is 9, and Camryn is 7. I hope to do this a couple times over the summer - we will see if I can keep that goal! ;-)
I started out at my CrossFit gym like usual, meeting my friends there for fitness a little after 5am. :) I got home at 7:45, and Ryan took off for work. The girls were on their ipads, as they usually are at the start of the day, but when I got home, we talked about what we wanted to do on our first 'official' day of summer break!
Instead of doing a fun breakfast out, (partly because it was cold, rainy, and pretty windy out!), the girls just wanted cereal, toast and fruit for breakfast. Easy. :) Taylor noticed that she stepped on something on the floor in the kitchen, and said I should vacuum - and I told her that she knew where the vacuum was! ;) She proceeded to vacuum the whole main level! It was awesome!
The night before, we had watched a couple episodes of "Tidying Up" - highlighting Marie Kondo, and I told the girls that I wanted to try to organize my closet better and go through my clothes. Taylor said she did, too! So after breakfast, we went through our closets a bit until it was around 10:45, and then we wanted to find out where the Zee Bus (traveling library bus) was going to be in Bluff Lakes.
It is a new stop for the Zee Bus this summer, and we were excited to find out where it was, and Camryn had heard that her first grade teacher, Mrs. Bredeway, was going to be helping out with the library on Mondays.
We were going to try to walk to find it, but the temperature had dropped into the 50's, and it was windy, and after walking a ways, we decided to go back to the house and drive. Lambie had to come along, too. ;)
We found the bus, and sure enough, Mrs. Bredeway was there! Cam was so excited, and it was so fun to see her surprise when Camryn walked up. :)
The girls each picked out a couple books - Junie B. Jones, Magic Tree House...
After, we dropped off 3 bags of clothes to the donation box at the gas station before heading to Meijer. We got some more food, stuff to make spaghetti for lunch (girl's choice), and bins to organize our closets!
Taylor was all about helping with making lunch - it was great!
Camryn bought a little jewelry maker kit, so I helped her with that after lunch. Abby, a little friend from down the street, came over to see if Cam could play, so Camryn headed outside for a few hours of play time with her!
Taylor organized her whole closet, then helped me to do mine! She was a rockstar!
Then we decided it was time to go outside for a while - it had turned into a beautiful day. So we read books outside together for almost 2 hours. It was great!
Once Ryan came home, I fed the girls dinner, then Taylor and I went back to Meijer for a few more bins.
We wrapped up the night with more reading on the deck (while Ryan and Camryn went to his softball game at 8:15).
I tucked Tay in bed by 8:45 - with her THIRD book of the day - and we called it a night!
It was a great day!
It will be fun to see how this summer goes with these kids who, all of a sudden, seem so much older!
No comments:
Post a Comment