Saturday, October 14, 2017

Halfway through October - Welcome Fall!

It finally feels like fall! We are halfway through the month, and it has been a cool, rainy day so far. We had our last soccer games this morning, and the girls and I spent the afternoon organizing their rooms, and getting their closets ready for the new season. We are also having a big gathering with my dad's side of the family next weekend at our house, so trying to do a little cleaning ahead of time, too!

With the weekend of catch up - I wanted to catch up on some pictures from our month so far. :)

My gym hosted a big Special Olympics marathon rowing fundraiser event at the beginning of the month. Because of the girl's soccer games, I couldn't participate in the rowing, but I did go and support the raffle. I ended up winning two prizes and the part the girls were most excited about was the "Bear Complex" sunglasses that were a part of each prize. :) (Taylor wore the sunglasses a lot at Crane's for apple picking, so they ended up in a lot of pictures, lol!)

Taylor was the STAR of the week in her classroom the first week of October. She got to show her classmates a poster all about her. She got to show her friends a special talent - so she told jokes from her joke book. :) She got to take in show-and-tell one day. Part of the week also involved me writing a special letter to Taylor that would be read to the class. :) I wrote about my seven favorite things about Taylor (because she is 7 years old :)), and shared a few fun things about her. Mrs. Moore sent me pictures of Taylor's reactions while her special letter was being read to the class. I loved it!



Another special part of the month was that Taylor's other top front tooth FINALLY came out! It was hanging by a thread for the LONGEST time (and she loved getting a reaction out of people by showing how it could twist). The tooth fairy brought her a dollar bill and four quarters. :)

October means homecoming month! Jill and I put on the hubby's jerseys once again this year for Hamilton's homecoming!

The girls had a half day of school on a Friday, and Mem came up to get the girls from school and take them to lunch. They went to Crane's together, and I was sent this cute picture during my school day. :)

Mem stayed to watch the girl's soccer games on Saturday morning, and then we went to Anna's House afterward for breakfast.


October means Halloween is coming! I took the girls out one evening to look for their costumes. They thought it was funny to try on the food costumes - although they both ended up choosing something very different - pictures to come later this month!


Camryn's half birthday was on October 13. It happened to be the day of her field trip, so I had the day off of school. I took this picture of the girls before I dropped them off at the beginning of their school day. Looking all sorts of grown up. :)

Camryn chose Panera bread for her "half birthday" dinner, and then the girls each got to pick out a book at Barnes and Noble. :)


The evening ended with Camryn giving me some "artwork". I loved how she sounded out my name - a sign of a beginning little Kindergartener for sure!


And today, during our cleaning, Camryn came across my Christmas dress from when I was six, and just had to try it on. Christmas cutie!


It has been a really good month so far, thankful for fall weather, a healthy start to the school year, and....even a few signs of the upcoming holiday season are starting to appear. Always exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment