Saturday, January 7, 2012

Life lately...

Lots of little things - so it's the best title I could think of for this post! :o)

2012 is here! That means that we are getting closer to our family drastically changing and things getting a little crazy - two kiddos?! I still try to imagine what this transition will be like, but I am sure there is nothing we can do to fully prepare for the new addition. The plan? Take it all one day at a time, tag team this whole parenting thing, and look at it as just another one of life's major adventures together! :o) 

I go in about a week for the next appointment for baby girl #2. We'll be 27 weeks along at that point, just shy of the third trimester. This baby moves a LOT. And it is becoming fairly predictable when I can expect her to be the most active - ironically, one of the periods is around 7:00ish when I am doing my goodnight snuggles with Taylor in her bed, I've usually got the other little girl moving and kicking away at the same time. :) Still jogging at this point - 20 minutes jog, then a couple minutes walk, repeat, repeat. The elliptical and the bike on the trainer are becoming much more comfortable ways to work out at this point. :) Baby girl has her own space cleared out in the room, a few new cozy outfits, my new Ergo carrier is on its way, and I want to get the crib mattress adjusted back up now that Taylor is officially transitioned to her own bed. Taylor also will point to my belly now when we ask her, "Where is the baby?" Hoping I can get her to feel her little sister kicking sometime soon!

Amidst all the holiday craziness, I overlooked Taylor's 22 month update - so this will really be a run down (for my own memories sake!) of her between 22-23 months old! We almost have a two year old - I am just getting used to telling people that she will be two NEXT month!

Bullet points are easiest...
* Up at 7:00ish (depending on weekend or weekday), down for a midday nap around 12:30 (maximum of two hours, usually an hour and a half), and in bed between 7:00-7:30 - sleeps GREAT at night!!! 

* Wearing 2T-3T tops, and 18-24month bottoms

* Size 4 diapers during the day, and size 5 at night

* Loves letters and numbers - recognizing the number 2 and letters B, Y, U, O, T, and sometimes M and A.

* Is completely intrigued by anything with Dora or Boots - I bought her a Dora coloring book today, and she didn't put it down until we got home

* Has a favorite game in her new play area - running the length of the basement with both Ryan and I while we all push her little walking toy - "1, 2, 3, go!" - and she only wants to do it when we are ALL holding on together

* Playing in her new kitchen and at her new table is also a favorite activity - I love engaging in this kind of pretend play with her - she seems so grown up sometimes
(Silly smile :o))

* This huge coloring book was a Christmas gift from Bapa and Mem - and has gotten lots of use - I love being able to have this big space to color together on the floor
(Cozy Saturday morning spent coloring in our pj's - love it!)


* Taylor has really taken to wanting to pray during mealtimes - we will pray before we start, but then randomly throughout the meal she will say "mama, dada", fold her hands and start to bow her head to wait for one of us to say a prayer :o) Let's just say that we have to get creative with what we pray for after 3 or 4 times, ha!

* We have had very little snow this season, but after our first big snowfall at the beginning of the week, we finally got to take Taylor out in it to play...but she wasn't the biggest fan, which I think partly was just due to her not wanting to have to have all the winter gear on - hoping for more snow so we can get her more acclimated to Michigan winters!
(Not really sure that she wants to play in this white stuff at first)

(Feeling a little more brave from on top of her slide... taking it all in)



*And last, Taylor will be taking her first swim lessons this winter, which I am excited about! Quite happy that it is in the warm therapy pool, too, which will make it nice for all of us. Pictures to come once the lessons start for sure!

It has been a busy week back to school and work, and kicking off the New Year, but looking forward to all the good things that will hopefully come to be in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment