Monday, January 16, 2012

Update on both little ladies :)

I had another appointment for baby girl #2 today, and tomorrow will start the last month countdown until Taylor is 2, so I thought I would do a quick update for both!

Baby girl #2 is looking good! I am 27 weeks along at this point (somehow I got on an odd week schedule for my appointments, but after my next appointment I will start going every two weeks - seems amazing that we are that far along already!). I was happy to find out that I passed the glucose tolerance test (for some reason that syrupy orange drink seemed even more hard to swallow this time around), and iron levels were okay. I was told I needed to eat more red meat when I was preggo with Taylor, but I am eating more spinach, oatmeal, and meat this time around which is obviously helping. I am measuring right on track at 27 weeks along, and her heartbeat was right around 158-160 bpm - loud and clear! Taylor tagged along with me, and was NOT so sure about the gel or the doppler, but seemed intrigued when the heartbeat came through. She was sitting right with me, and there was something about that moment that I loved. :)

A pic of the belly at 27 weeks

Onto little lady #1, little miss Taylor will be 23 months old tomorrow!

It will be fun to go to her 2 year check up and see how she has grown since we were there last (which, knock on wood, we have not had to go into our pediatrician's office since her 18 month appointment last summer! Praise for having a pretty healthy stretch. It is apparent that she has really built up her immunity by being around the other kids so much, this winter has been a lot different than last winter).

Favorite things going on with Taylor right now ~
* Her ability to string words together more
* Her kisses and hugs
* The way she snuggles right in during our bedtime routine - I LOVE that she out of the crib now!
* Reading her picture Bible (which she will grab off the shelf and say "Bible!"), and her interpretations of some of the pictures and stories - Ryan shared one of our favorite things that she does, but I had to document it on the blog, too. She loves the page with Moses and the burning bush. She will get all excited and say, "Ho-ho says hot!" Moses has a white beard in the picture and looks like Santa to her apparently. :o)
* Her transition to liking the snow more - she can NOT get enough of her sled :)

It is fun to be planning for her second birthday, and so nostalgic, too! It makes me think about her first birthday, and the actual day of her birth. And soon we will be starting this all over again with the next addition to the family. So curious and excited to find out how similar or different our two little girls will be!

1 comment:

  1. HO-HO and Howie (see Kristen V.G. status from last week). So funny how their little minds interpret the Bible.

    ReplyDelete