Sunday, April 2, 2017

Taylor is SEVEN!

We have a seven year old. :)

Taylor is such a sweet girl, who is becoming her own person, with her own desires, interests and preferences. She is becoming such a reader, quite a good writer, and just loves non-fiction books and learning about real-life things. She thrives on positive affirmation, but also is one to shy away from direct attention at times. I would not call her a center-stage girl. :)  She is sensitive, but I would also describe her as strong in many areas as well. I appreciate and love that she wants to get her homework done first, right when we get home from school, so she can play the rest of the night. :) Speaking of play, Taylor LOVES games. UNO, Clue, Sequence, Guess Who, Spot It, Mouse Trap...those are popular ones right now. Taylor also like to play hangman while we are out to dinner, waiting for our meal.

This is the picture I posted on Facebook on the morning of her birthday. Our little girl is getting so much taller now!

Birthday morning - Taylor is SEVEN!


I like to ask Taylor the same questions each year, and see how her responses change, or sometimes stay the same!

Favorite color: green
Favorite movie: Trolls
Favorite TV show: Kids Baking Championship
Favorite part about 1st grade: Gym
Favorite teacher: Mrs. Sizemore
Best friend: Lilly
Other friends: Dalia, Evie, Gabby
Favorite dinner: macaroni and cheese
Favorite snack: Chocolate Chip Clif Bar
Favorite cereal: Crispix
Favorite place to visit: Florida (we are headed there for Spring Break tomorrow ;))
Favorite thing to play outside: Play on my play set in the backyard
Would you rather play inside or outside: I like both!
Favorite toy: Legos
Favorite place to go out to eat: Salt and Pepper
Favorite animal: mice and guinea pigs (Taylor just finished an animal research project about mice)
Favorite thing to do in the summer: go to the beach
Favorite holiday: Christmas
Anything else? I like to sleep. It's fun to have wiggly teeth. I like video games (Mario Kart).

Dislikes
What do you not like to eat? jelly, spaghetti sauce, peppers
What are you scared of? monsters, blood, things that are hot
What makes you feel frustrated? when my sister scrapes me (might have just happened before I asked her these questions, lol!)

What do you want to be when you grow up? Veterinarian

Taylor is doing really well in school. Her fine motor took a while to develop, but this year her handwriting has come such a long way in 1st grade! Her report card reflected that she is right on track for a 1st grader, and is even above grade level for her reading! She doesn't volunteer a lot during discussions (just like me when I was in elementary school), but is a good listener. :) Taylor is excited that Camryn will be in school with her next year as she starts Kindergarten - and little sister is excited, too!

Taylor and Camryn are quite the pair - they play together SO well most of the time. They are incredibly silly at dinner time on weekdays. I think they just miss each other during the school day. It is hard to get them through dinner because they distract each other SO much with giggles. They do fight, it happens, and it is usually loud and involves a lot of screaming at each other, but for the most part they are best buds.

Playing hangman

A note she helped me write for Mem

Wiggly tooth number 3!


Silly girl!


We are excited for the next year ahead for Taylor - fun travel plans, first time on a plane, more wiggly teeth, entering second grade... just hoping for another healthy, happy year for Taylor!


No comments:

Post a Comment