Monday, July 2, 2012

11 weeks old

11 week sweetie...


 When Taylor was 11 weeks old, I was having to grasp the idea of going back to work, and leaving her for 9 hours a day...after having spent almost 3 months together.

But with this maternity leave, I happen to have an extra 2 months to spend with Camryn before heading back to the classroom, and I am so thankful for the extra time with both my girls!

I have wanted to do an 11 week update for Camryn for one basic reason - SLEEP! This little girl is SUCH a good sleeper!!

Taylor did not consistently sleep through the night until she was almost 9 months old. I had a hard time letting her cry when she was tiny. She would fuss or cry once or twice a night, and I would go and rock and/or feed her. I didn't mind the extra snuggles. :) Now she is a great sleeper who goes to bed early, and sleeps soundly through the night, and I have no regrets about those early months with Taylor. But it is true that you have more confidence with number two, and with Camryn I feel so much more in tune with what she needs when she is fussy, and I think that this has helped with her sleeping! I also LOVE the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child", which I didn't discover until Taylor was 6 months old, and have loved having it as a reference during these early months.

So, why am I thrilled about sleep? Because little miss Camryn has slept 8 to 9 hours straight for the past eleven nights!!! She will go down somewhere between 8:30 and 9:30 (depending on her latest nap time in the evening), and not wake me up until 5 or 6am! This is such a blessing, and one that I do not take for granted. And it may not last - teeth might start coming in, she could get sick, she could go through a growth spurt and want to eat more often - but for now I am just thankful for the extra rest!

Camryn is also becoming much more vocal with her coo's and sighs. She is so strong, her little legs always wanting to push, push, push, and she will arch her head and shoulders up off the floor when she is on her back (typically when she wants to be picked up). Camryn will happily lay on her play mat for 10 - 15 minutes and look at her toys or listen to the classical music played on her Baby Einstein toy.

Her monkey mobile is also becoming much more interesting to her, and is a good distraction for her when I am changing Taylor's diaper, switching loads of laundry, etc.

Our little squishy sweetie... :o)




Here is a picture of me and Camryn - watching the Olympic Trials for swimming :o)



We have a couple of long trips up north coming up, and I am excited to put her in her little suit for the first time! :o) Looking forward to some more fun posts in the month of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment