Summers used to be full of just that - swimming, cycling, running...repeat. Those were the days before my life priorities and perspectives shifted a bit. The days before I was "mama". I still get opportunities to put on the cap and goggles, clip in for rides, and lace up my shoes for jogs, but it is not like it was before. And I am okay with that. There will be a time in my life when I can get back into training more and racing more (I miss that adrenaline rush!!!!), but this is a season of life where I am taking a little step back and finding other ways to enjoy the sports that I love!
Last weekend I signed up for my first race since having Taylor, figuring that there had to be a 4th of July event somewhere up north where we were staying for the holiday weekend. Sure enough, the Boyne City Independence Day run was going on the morning of the 4th. My parents, Ryan, and Taylor came with me as my little cheering squad - it was fun to have them there! It was also fun to be able to end a race with Taylor at the finish line!
I did see a dad pushing his kid in a jogger during the race, so maybe next year I will take Taylor along with me for the ride. (Although I don't think I will be able to negative split my run like I did this year if I am pushing a toddler.) :o) AND, maybe someday she will want to be a runner, too!! (This may or may not have been "borrowed" from runmichigan.com :o))
Onto the bike....
I LOVE riding my bike, and we knew we had to buy a trailer to be able to take Taylor for rides with us. I do want to make sure we have a helmet for her, (after getting hit by a car in 2006 while riding, I NEVER go without my helmet!!) but the one we ordered hadn't arrived yet, so we took a little, slow trial run on Sunday just to see how Taylor would like it.
And she seemed to LOVE it! We could audibly hear laughter a few times from the trailer as we buzzed along. Too fun!
Next up...open water swim event coming up on Saturday... slowly but surely, getting back into the groove again, racing a little, playing a little, and having fun doing things as a family! :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment