Tuesday, July 19, 2011

17 month update

When I saw the date on Sunday, I couldn't believe it was the 17th already, and that Taylor has another month behind her. Will there ever be a month that goes by that she doesn't amaze me with how much she is growing and learning?! I feel like her learning curve is so steep right now. Each day she seems to surprise us with something new that she can do or wants to try.


And can I just say how much fun this summer is?! This toddler age is BUSY, but it is such a wonderful phase! Sometimes I feel like Taylor needs her own social calendar...the weeks are filled with fun and friends.


At 17 months (almost a year and a half old!!!), these are the things I don't want to forget....

* Moving up to size 4 diapers - after a few nighttime leaks, we decided it was time

* We have a silly, silly girl on our hands...when getting T from her nap or in the morning, she will see us open the door, then flop down in her bed and lay down as if she is pretending to still be sleeping

* Games of chase = lots of giggles

* Tickling = lots of giggles (especially when giving her little kisses on her neck)

* Story time has become much more interactive - I'm a HUGE fan of Baby Einstein books right now...


* If I sing the alphabet song to Taylor, she will sign "more" "more" in order for me to sing it over and over again until I distract her with something else (never too early to start that kindergarten prep, right? :o))

* Taylor has fed her first giraffe :)

* Sometimes if her food is a little too warm, I will blow on it to cool it down for her, and now I will randomly find her blowing on food (hot or cold) before eating it sometimes :o)

* If I am talking on the phone, she will assume it is Ryan, and say "hi dada!" multiple times, and then we will consequently call Ryan at work on speaker phone so she can say hi to him

* Going up AND down stairs has become pretty easy for her - thanks to lots of practice at the cottage and last weekend at my parents house

* Water is one of the best things in the world to Taylor - lakes, fountains, faucets, sprinklers, hoses, baths, showers, her sippy cup...if it has to do with water, she loves it


* When Taylor drinks her milk or water, she will take a big swig and then say "aaaaah"

* Fresh picked blueberries are eaten by the handful like candy lately - thank goodness for summer fruit!


* Sleep - nights are still great, 12 hours of straight sleep almost every night, and nap time is in transition from two naps to one. Some days she still has a short morning nap, but sometimes we skip it all together, and she continues to have great afternoon naps (2-3 hours long).

* Taylor points to where her nose is, gives high fives, and sometimes will even blow a kiss :o)


Oh, and now that she is almost a year and a half, I have finally gotten around to framing/hanging Taylor's one year pictures...here is one frame - I LOVE how they turned out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment