Monday, July 4, 2011
First boat ride
This Fourth of July has been wonderful, and LOTS of pictures were taken (more to come soon!) but this event deserves a post of its own. Taylor went on her first boat ride in grandpa Randy's boat!! Since it is a powerboat and a bit more intense of a ride, (and she was still pretty little last year), we decided to wait until this year to take her out.
To preface this ride, let me tell you that I grew up on boats. Boating is a big part of my family's life and my dad always called me his 'little boating buddy'. :) Many hours of our summers were spent on lakes - cruising, racing full throttle, puttering around no-wake zones, skiing, floating and relaxing. My favorite memories were the days were we would leave the dock after breakfast and not return until dinner (or after!).
When I was little in MY grandpa's fishing boat :)
I was very excited about this first boat ride, and HOPED Taylor would like it as much as I do.
And she DID!!! It was great! Lots of "oohs" and "oh wow's" were heard, and even when we encountered some pretty good rollers, she did really well!!
Putting on the life jacket
Shades on, and ready to cruise
Getting ready to head out
Blue skies, crystal clear waters...perfect :)
Out cruising around!!
Grandpa Randy showing her the ropes :o)
Needless to say I am pretty excited about many fun summers out on the lake with the addition of a new little boating buddy. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment