Wednesday, March 24, 2010

35 days - it's been five weeks!

Yes - for now, this blog has been taken over by baby updates. But I love our little girl, and she is much more interesting than Ryan or I - so here goes the five week update.

Taylor continues to change so much week by week. We stepped on the scale together this morning, and she is somewhere around 10 and 1/2 pounds (give or take a half pound) - big girl! She is wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes, some 3 month things, but I think I shrunk a few of those little outfits. Taylor is a warm little girl, and even though she has a lot of cute little outfits, she mostly hangs out in her long sleeve onesies -anything more makes her too hot! She is awake much more often, especially in the evenings. She is so much stronger, too. When she is doing tummy time, she just kicks and pushes with her little legs, and she can hold up her head much longer than ever before! Taylor is very close to smiling on a regular basis. In the morning, and when she wakes up from long naps I can sometimes get little grins out of her. Taylor goes to sleep around 11:00 every night, and gets up around 2 or 3, then again at 4 or 5, then is up at 7 or 8 in the morning. I change her diaper, feed her, and she goes right back to sleep after feeding, so I am very thankful for that!! She is also starting too coo a lot more - which I love! She makes the cutest little noises. Taylor gets a bath every other day, we walk daily, she enjoys her Little Einstein play mat much more (see pictures below), and looks up at me with the sweetest little eyes when I sing Disney songs to her as we rock in the rocking chair together. She had her first overnight in Battle Creek last weekend, and finally got to meet her uncle Jeff! We also got to visit Ryan at work, and we had the nicest little get-together with Ryan's coworkers. It has been a great week!
And now...pictures!!
Taylor at 5 weeks

Taylor at a week and a half old - can you see a difference from the picture above?

Taking a walk in the baby Bjorn


Taylor getting ready to head out for a walk
Taylor looking in the mirror
Hmmm... I'm not sure about these toys...

Taylor checking out the big blue whale

Taylor with her first piggy bank - given to Taylor by one of Ryan's coworkers (a perfect gift for an accountant's daughter!)Trying to catch Taylor giving one of her morning smiles


Taylor checking out daddy's ball cap
Taylor with grandma mem and grandpa in Battle Creek
Taylor very relaxed and cozy

Taylor meeting uncle Jeff!! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment