Sunday, June 14, 2015

Canvas and Wine Party

We have a very talented art teacher in our elementary building this year, Mrs. Yaquinto. She makes really neat art projects with students, and every year she makes these cool birch trees with the third graders, that I always wanted to try to make! I suggested that Michelle should host a party with the teachers, and teach US how to make the same trees - and she ended up putting together a very fun wine and canvas party! Lots of yummy food, good drinks, and outside-my-comfort-zone painting!


There were a couple steps to creating the trees, and we started with just using pencil to outline where we wanted the trees on the canvas (you mean you actually want me to put something on this white canvas? that's all I kept thinking :)). Then we used painters tape to tape off where we wanted the trees to be, and then got to work with actual paint - choosing our color for the background. Cue stress. You can't erase paint. ;)



But once we started with the painting part, it actually started to feel okay...my right brain was getting all sorts of exercised with this activity. :)
Then we used black paint and cardboard to create the birch tree look - really cool!
My almost finished painting - just had to add leaves....

All of our work at the end!

It was a fun evening, and I kind of hope we get to do one again as a group!! I love my Blue Star Elementary family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment