A week later, Taylor had her five-year well-child appointment in March (it was also pajama day at daycare, hence the pajamas :)), and it went great! It is interesting at this age that the doctor asks less questions of me, and directs more questions to Taylor.
Taylor's stats at five:
Height - 43 1/4 inches (65th percentile)
Weight - 40.4 lb (50th percentile)
One significant part of this appointment for me is that instead of taking her updated immunizations and health history forms to daycare, I dropped it off at her elementary school for next year!! Each time I go into her school, it becomes more real that she will be a kindergartener next year. :) We have her kindergarten screening in a few weeks, and I am excited for that next milestone as well.
I was planning to have an afternoon off with Taylor for her appointment, but Cam wasn't feeling well, so she came along to the doctor as well. They looked in her throat and thought she should be tested for strep, but luckily it came back negative.
Unfortunately, the cold Cam was fighting eventually caught up with her, and her right ear got infected. It was her first ear infection since her second set of tubes were put in almost 15 months ago. Ear drops weren't enough after a few days and I had to take her in to get on oral antibiotics, too.
More trips to school for sub plans (Cam came with, but fell asleep pretty fast on the car ride home).
She had quite a few sink baths to wash her hair and neck because her ear was pretty bad (and I had to do more laundry as well). But she was a trooper. :)
And medicine helped her have smiles like this. :)
A couple days later I was at urgent care with a strep diagnosis. Not the best month for health for us! But, so glad spring is here, and we will hopefully be done with the sickness season!






No comments:
Post a Comment