This is such a FUN age. There is a really good balance of independence, yet still wanting to just be with 'mama' and 'dada'. Sit down with a stack of books, and she will sit in your lap and read for as long as you are willing to sit with her. Animals are intriguing to her...cows, kittens, dogs, and ducks are her favorites. Her stuffed animal lamb is her ultimate comfort item. She carries "Lambie" around by the ear, and I have be really creative about when I am able to sneak her favorite friend into the wash every once and a while. :) She does so well at daycare, and I love that she and Taylor get to start out their day together - eating breakfast at the table like big kids. I rarely see tears when I say goodbye. When Camryn wakes up from a nap, I will know it because I will hear "Mama! Mama!". My heart leaps with joy at that sound. :)
Stats about Cam at a year and a half....
* 31 1/2 inches long, and 22lbs 7.5oz at her doctor appointment this week. (Taylor was 22lbs 5oz and 32 inches at her 18 month appointment - they are very similar in size!)
* Sleeps great for naps and at night. Goes to bed between 6:30/7:00 during the week, and by 7:30 on the weekends. Wakes up between 7-8am if we don't have to wake her for 'school'.
* Wears size 4 diapers, and up to size 2T clothing for some things! Pants are still 18-24 month size. :)
* Vocabulary is exploding - a list of things that she says or tries to say right now: mama, dada, Taylor (sounds like dada ;)), Mem, I love you, water, cheese, cereal, baby, bye-bye, hi, hello, no-no, apple, shoes, more, banana, sounds for a duck, cow, monkey, dog & cat, and will sing along a bit with "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" - she loves the 'e-i-e-i-o' part, and "Row Row Row your Boat". She also knows the sounds and motions for allie alligator and bubba bear (from the Zoophonics alphabet). That is all I can think of, but there is more each day! She can also point to many body parts - nose, belly, ears, hair, toes :)
* Food is tricky. Partly because molars are becoming a literally huge pain, and sometimes she will just refuse to eat. She does well with fruits and veggies, and LOVES to dip stuff. If I am eating something, often she will want it, too. She is still my smoothie buddy, and we drink together right from the blender with a bendy straw. :)
* We had our first afternoon off together - lack of wet diapers, fussiness, red/puffy eyes, lack of appetite - meant sub plans and an early pick-up from daycare to take a trip to the doctor. Luckily ears looked clear - tubes are still in place - and other than a diagnosis of a pesky virus and super swollen gums from molars making their way through, she wasn't down and out for too long. :)
Pictures of course!
LOVE this little girl!!











Wow, she says a ton of words. Gunner only says, "momma". He just grunts and screams. I think he's a little behind. I can remember Hadley saying all kinds of words at this age. I guess it's a boy thing.
ReplyDelete