Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bit of August, some of September, and a few of October...

When school starts in September, the blog seems to naturally fall behind. The stack of random pictures in my iphoto becomes larger - so here goes a little blog catch-up so I can remember all these random moments!

Late August, my grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary! I got to hang out at the dinner with these two guys - my cousin Aaron, and Jeff.

I don't have a picture of the celebrating couple, but I snapped a picture of the place setting that they put together for everyone at dinner. Very appropriate since they moved to Holland!

Labor Day weekend involved a lot of typical cottage moments.
Being on the dock


On the beach

Taking walks


Labor Day weekend there was a lot of anticipation as we were all waiting to hear news about the arrival of a new member of the family! Jeff and Jen were due right around Labor day weekend, but their little one decided to wait until Mid-September to join the world!

On Friday, September 13, Tess Parker {my new little niece!!} arrived!!

That Sunday, I decided to get up at 3:30 in the morning and drive to Ohio to meet her in person and see Jeff and Jen. Early morning sunrise on the road...

Little sweetie...

And Jen sent this picture of taking little Tess for a walk in the Ergo - brings back memories of taking Camryn for walks in that same carrier. :)

(Can't wait to go down and visit to have Taylor and Camryn meet their new little cousin! When they see a picture of Tess, Taylor will always say - "aw, there's baby Tess!")

Most mornings before school this school year involve looking at a board that looks like this. Crossfit is the best way to start the day. :)


My school had a fun night out at T. Pony Farm - and I took the kids along to the event. They were a big fan of the big and little critters. Camryn either thought everything moo-ed like a cow, or quacked like a duck. :) I even got her to sing "e-i-e-i-o".



We also took the girls to Critter Barn last Saturday, now that we live so close! Taylor went through 3 buckets of hay for the animals. :)






And last, we carved pumpkins last night with Grandma and Grandpa Slagh....

So here is what is now on our front porch (shout out to Uncle Jason for the Dora one :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...so many short sleeves and summer-like weather pics in this post! Makes me miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete