Tuesday, March 20, 2012

36 Weeks - one month to go!

9 months down - 1 to go!

Our 36 week appointment was last week - a few days early - and from here on out Dr. Z and I get to visit every week. :)

Everything continues to look good - I NEVER take that for granted, and am always thankful when things are healthy and happy with baby (and me :)).

Baby girl is still head down and starting to drop just a bit. I only measured 34 cm (fundal height generally matches how many weeks you are along in pregnancy), but I was having a contraction while Dr. Z was measuring, so she's still growing just fine. :) (I can attest to this because all of a sudden my maternity shirts aren't even long enough to keep the bump completely covered - my wardrobe is becoming more and more limited each week.) They always ask how many contractions I'm having - but it happens so frequently throughout the day that I never know how many to say! Heart rate was high 120's. Haven't had the scale move much in six weeks, but I think baby is just taking and using all the energy for herself these days! :o) We also know there is some "progress" being made as the end is getting closer, which has made my nesting instinct kick in that much more!

Tired, before-bedtime 36 wk picture :) Gotta love the shirt gapping, too


Tasks completed this week:
* Hospital bag packing started with just a few things I know we will want to take for the little one
* Drawers filled with washed newborn to 3 month clothes
* Bought first part of Taylor's "big sister" gift for the hospital
* More progress made on baby #2's first baby book (same thing I did for Taylor using Shutterfly - from the moment we found out we were expecting and goes through the first few weeks together after her birth day)

Wishes, thoughts, and prayers right now:
* Hoping baby girl will choose to hang out and keep growing for at least a couple more weeks (hoping she stays put until after Spring break so Taylor and I can do some of the fun things we have planned together)
* Get outside and enjoy the warmth and sunshine while it lasts - looks like this summer-like weather might only stick around for another few days or so
* A few other work/life balance things
* Enjoy/appreciate sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment