All the pregnancy countdown articles say that the baby is 4 1/2 to 5 pounds - and carrying around that extra weight seemed to hit me harder this week. My run/walks are slowly turning into LOTS more walking with a little running mixed in.
I didn't have school today because of parent-teacher conferences earlier this week, so instead of my routine Monday appointments, I scheduled my 34 week appointment for today - and Ryan was able to come, too. :)
| I even think I look tired in this picture :) |
34 1/2 week stats:
* Baby girl's position - head down (even got to feel which direction she was curled up in - little bum on the right side, and knees facing left)
* Heart rate - 120's (with one period of acceleration into the 140's)... the heart rate has slowed down quite a bit since our last appointment as she has gotten bigger and more mature
* Number of times I have to get up during the night - 2-4 (adding to the sleepiness)
* Number of days left until due date - 39 (oh my stars that makes it seem so much closer!!)
* Next appointment - next week already..and each week after that until she arrives. I also get 'checked' for the first time next week, c-r-a-z-y!
* Number of Braxton Hicks - seems like once an hour or so - including right now as I type this sentence
* What I miss the most - sleeping on my tummy :o)
* What I am looking forward to most over these next few weeks - cherishing time with Taylor in her last weeks as an 'only child' and hanging out as a family of three, a perfectly timed spring break to allow me a week to get final things ready and have extra play time with little lady as well (also, make what will probably be the last real dinners for Ryan for a while as I picture that he will have to get used to sandwiches and cereal for dinner for a few weeks... ;o)), and, finally, the prospect of warmer weather on the way with maybe temps in the 70's next week! Yay!
* Things left to get ready before she arrives - adjust the crib mattress height, get pack 'n' play ready (it has become storage place recently for random items), get out Taylor's newborn clothing and wash it along with new little clothes we have bought, buy a pack of newborn diapers, re-install the base for the bucket car seat, get a hospital bag ready along with Taylor's gift she will get from baby sister :)
4, 5, or 6 weeks left? Only time will tell! :o)
I just bought some newborn diapers last week, I forgot how tiny they are!
ReplyDelete