Thursday, March 17, 2011

13 Months

I don't plan on writing an update about Taylor every month until she is 18 :-), but for now, she changes so much week by week, I love to document what she is up to!



Taylor, here is what is going on as you turn 13 months old...

* Wearing size 3 diapers, and size 12-18 month clothing (you DO have a GAP sweatshirt that is 2T, but it is roomy so you can wear it longer)

* You are still sleeping great at night - bedtime is somewhere between 6:30-7:15, and you sleep until about 7am. Your morning naps at home are good, but you are not taking regular morning naps at daycare - too many friends to play with! :-) Your afternoon naps are great and are at least an hour and a half long.

* You are starting to show your strong-willed side. When you don't get something that you want, or we try to redirect you, you will lay on the floor and cry out of frustration. You can be quite dramatic at times!

* A third tooth has made its appearance - this time on the top! We think that the 4th one is close behind...

* Your ball tent we got you for your birthday is now a favorite place to play. Pulling things off of shelves, opening drawers, unrolling the toilet paper, taking all your magnet letters off the refrigerator, unfolding folded laundry, and tearing up mail are also favorite pastimes. :o)

* Your eating habits constantly have me on my toes. One day you will eat something, and then the next you won't. You will shake your head if I try to give you something you don't want, or just throw it off your tray. You're getting a combination of pureed food and finger foods. It is like trying to hit a moving target when making your dinner - sometimes we hit the bullseye and you eat great, and sometimes it feels like all you eat is oatmeal and yogurt. You LOVE your oatmeal, and I joke with your daddy that I may have eaten too much oatmeal when I was pregnant. It might as well be a food group on its own I like oatmeal so much, and it is quite apparent that you do, too! We are still working on weaning you - both from nursing and the bottle...it's taking time!!

* You had a food allergy test, and your first blood draw (sniff, sniff), but everything came back normal, which we were very happy about!

* Da-da is something that you say constantly, with a few mama's thrown in there sometimes. You also hold your hand up to your ear like you are talking on the phone when we say "hello" to you. It is quite cute.

* You are SUCH a snuggly girl. I. LOVE. IT!!! You give hugs all the time, and also will lay your head on the floor, your blanket, a pillow, a stuffed animal, and then look at us as if to say "I'm being snuggly right now, aren't I cute?" :o)

* I love to read the book "Goodnight, Moon" to you before you to go to bed. You like the black and white pages the best. It is one of my favorite parts of the evening.

Pictures!!

At 12 months old...


And now! (These are the best I could get - we might be reaching the end of being able to get pictures on her blanket!)

Silly girl - covering up her face :-)
 



Little sweetie in her little snowsuit...hoping that we don't have to use this much more this season!! 



Taylor and I hanging out on the couch, sharing an apple together


Little sweetie...


The many faces of Taylor (don't mind the post-nap hair :o))





Peeking out of the bathtub


Brush those teeth!


Having fun making faces at herself in the mirror - a brush in each hand... :-)




Love, love, love you, Taylor!! :-D

1 comment: