Friday, January 21, 2011

Happiness

That describes today!!

I got to spend a whole day with this little cutie. It was so, so nice. No agendas, no reason to leave the house, we even had an excuse to stay in because it was SO cold outside!!

I got my workout in early at the gym before Taylor woke up so the rest of the day was full of play.

Usually Taylor has her baths in the evening before bedtime, but today I decided to give her a bath in the morning, and let her play, play, play until her fingers were like little prunes. Then she had her first experience with getting her hair dried with a hair dryer (just a little bit, on the lowest setting, which helped tame her wavy, soft hair, and keep her nice and warm after tub time), and we trimmed all her little tiny finger and toe nails. A little Taylor pampering. :-) How is it possible that babies have such soft hair and skin? Love it. 

We both ate oatmeal and fruit for breakfast in our comfy clothes on the couch. 

Taylor got a workout in, too. :-) We went back and forth across the living room, through the hallway, into the bedrooms countless times. That girl just wants to move! She gets so excited by this new found ability, can you tell by her face?




We played follow the leader, I crawled and she would follow, and then she would crawl somewhere and I would follow. :-) She thought that was quite funny. At one point I was cleaning her breakfast dishes and I found her in her room getting into her "paci stash" (where her pacifiers are when she is not sleeping - we try to keep them to nap times and bed time only) and pulling her blankets and monkey out of her crib.

We read lots of books, watched the snow out the window, and took great naps.

Then when Ryan came home, he walked quietly into the living room, and when Taylor realized he was there, she literally threw her toy to the side, and crawled to him as fast as her little arms and legs would carry her. :-)

And one of the best parts of today? The fact that it is only Friday, which means tomorrow we get to do it all over, again, only with Ryan here, too! Bring on the long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for such a fun day! We did NOTHING yesterday either - just lots of together time. And....we stayed in our pajamas the entire day. Wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete