It's that time of year! CHRISTMAS TIME!! I love Christmas - the pretty lights, the Christmas trees, the Christmas music and movies, celebrating the advent season - I love all of it! And I cannot WAIT to celebrate all of this with Taylor! She may not understand what it all means this year, but it is still fun to see her reactions to the tree, wrapping paper, and twinkling lights. :-D
On Saturday, we bought our Christmas tree from a tree farm, and it was a fun experience! When I was growing up, we would go to a place where we could cut the tree down ourselves, while sipping hot spiced cider, and the place we went this year brought back a lot of those memories.
Taking a wagon ride out to the trees
We found it! A pretty Frasier fir (yes, it may look a little big, but we trimmed it down :-))
Ryan, all business, getting ready to cut down our tree :-)
Saw, saw, saw!
Waiting by Santa's sleigh for our tree to be wrapped and ready
After a little trimming (to get it to fit in the living room), and nest removal (using the hose extension to vacuum a tree was a new experience for me!), we got the tree up and decorated! Taylor was quite interested in the tree the next morning, (she stared and did a lot of chattering when we held her up to the tree), but she learned pretty quickly that it can be a little prickly to touch! The ornaments were still rather interesting to her, and I am pretty sure we will be re-hanging a lot of ornaments between now and Christmas. :-)
Checking out the ornaments
Checking out other Christmas decorations (the carolers are from my parent's house that we used to put out every Christmas) - both the carolers and Frosty play music, and Taylor loved them!
This little person is the best Christmas gift I could ever ask for!! :-)
(new bunny pj's from grandma mem - with little ears on the feet that she loves to pull! :o))
Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment