A week ago, I was busy getting the house ready for her arrival. We knew that we would be heading into the hospital the next day, and so it seemed like it was the last opportunity to get all that detailed cleaning, organizing and stock-up grocery shopping done! And today, a week later, with the exception of an exciting adventure out for her first doctor's appointment, all we have done is napped and eaten, and just been totally relaxed on the couch together.
I would say that we have adjusted pretty well to being a threesome. She doesn't spend much time not in one of our arms. Last night she only woke me up once in the middle of the night, and then not again until 7am! Yay for sleep!! :-)
Here is one of the few moments she has spent in her crib...
I was pretty excited for her to meet Brady...a future playmate...
Here is daddy multi-tasking - grad school work and burping at the same time...
Taylor showing off her feet and long little legs...
Snuggling in cozy blankets...
My mom is here for a few days, and she came bearing lots of fresh fruit, vegetables, planned dinners and very helpful hands! So far today she shoveled our driveway, accompanied me to the doctor's office for Taylor's first visit, went grocery shopping for us, made homemade applesauce, made and cleaned up dinner, and was the camcorder-holder for Taylor's first bath at home.
Here is a picture of our first family dinner at the table... :-)
Spending time with grand-mem...
Taylor's doctor's appointment went really well, and they said she is progressing exactly as she should be! She is already back above her birth weight - eating like a champ!! I was nervous about how she was doing, and I felt really happy and relieved to hear that everything is good! This whole being a mom thing was a lot less worrisome when she was in utero - I could protect her 24/7! :-)
Love this little girl!
Looks like life is great for you three so far! Taylor is so adorable, and you look so happy!
ReplyDelete