Thursday, January 28, 2010

Seems so close...

yet so far away!!

Yep - another post about baby stuff. It is kind of hard not to!! This little one has officially taken over me - physically and mentally!!

I know that I will never go through this "first time pregnancy" thing, again, and part of me feels a little sad about that! There is so much that is new and exciting and unknown. Each week there is something different that I experience or feel. It is very surreal and completely incredible at the same time.

Being 38 weeks pregnant doesn't feel like I had expected it to feel back when I was only 6 weeks pregnant and just finding out that we were going to have a baby. Physically, I thought I would be more miserable - which is a good thing!! I have been very thankful that so far I have had no swelling. I can still be pretty active, I can still put on my own socks and shoes, and I can still see my students when they stand close in front of me. :-) It is amazing how much the baby's movements are visible right now - makes the whole belly move!! Mentally, I thought I would feel more prepared. My realization throughout these past 9 months is that you can never actually be completely prepared for parenthood - it is an on-going learning experience - that will continue the rest of our lives. :-) I am just so glad that Ryan and I get to go through this adventure together, and feel much more at ease when I think about the fact that he is going to be right there with me - through the good and the bad. :-)

So this week's appointment showed some more progress!! What does that honestly mean? Well - it means that the baby is making its way down and that physically things are starting to prepare for the big day, but in terms of timing - it doesn't mean anything!! (A realization that is rather frustrating for this girl - who is more of a planner). :-) So tomorrow or 2 weeks from now - we could be ready to go!! The baby's heart rate was still in the 140's (it started out high again - in the 160's - but that was after Dr. Z had pushed and prodded a bit to see how he/she was positioned - poor little thing! :-)).

The thing that seems the most strange at this point? That every night I leave work, I have to sit there and wonder if I will be back to work the next day or not. I am so close to my classes this year, and just love this group of kiddos - and so it is a little hard to think that I will not be there with them some morning soon! I know they will be in good hands, but I will miss them. :-)

Last weekend I had two fun showers, and am so blessed by the people I have in my life. We are pretty well prepared now - (well - we at least have the baby stuff to make us feel like we are prepared). Check out this yummy homemade cake...white cake, white frosting - the best kind. :-)

And my very first diaper cake!!

Picture of the 38 week belly...my goodness do you get a lot of looks from people at this point in pregnancy! Vests, scarves and winter clothes can only hide so much!! :-)


And a little glimpse of our little nursery...a little more put together!!!

And new living room furniture...yay!

1 comment:

  1. The white cake with white frosting tasted alot better than the diaper cake, but we were very thankful for both!

    ---RY

    ReplyDelete