Life at the Slagh household has not slowed down in the past month. Ryan and I are constantly working on grad school projects, exams or papers (is it December yet?!). Ryan is putting a crazy amount of work into budgets for next year at work, and has not come to bed before 11:30 in a week! I have been trying to get ready for parent-teacher conferences next week, which is proving more difficult this year with this flu outbreak! Frequent absences are making it difficult to assess everyone, and I only have a couple days left to try to get everything done! Crossing my fingers that we can avoid an actual H1N1 case in my classroom - it is in my school, but has stayed confined to the upper elementary kids so far! I am also trying to start getting organized for my maternity leave, and feeling like the clock is ticking with each day that goes by! And then, with all that is going on, we have been trying to plan out and find the time to start getting ready for baby Slagh's arrival in less than 4 months! Before we know it, Thanksgiving is going to be here, then Christmas and New Years, then we are only a few weeks away!!

Ryan and I did take last Saturday to start the process of getting ready for baby Slagh, and ventured up to Babies 'R Us. It was overwhelming, as everyone said it would be, but also gave us kind of a reality check of all that needs to be done in the next couple of months!
Speaking of baby Slagh.... :-)
Our little one is doing great!! The two of us had a great 24 week appointment, and everything is on track! He/she is measuring exactly at 24 weeks. When we found out we were pregnant, our little one was only the size of a blueberry, but now, he/she weighs about a pound and a half, and is about 8 1/2 to 10 inches long! And this is one ACTIVE baby. When I finally get a chance to sit quietly at school during lunch or when the students are at specials, I always feel movements and kicks. Most of the movements are strong enough that I can see my belly move when he/she is active. It is a little weird to watch, but also completely fascinating and heart warming. If someone walked into my room while this was going on, they would probably think I was nuts as I sit there with a big smile on my face. :-P
And again, for all my relatives who live far away and I don't see very often (which is pretty much everyone!), here is an updated pic taken this week.
And a picture of a cute little onesie that was given as a really thoughtful gift...thanks, Lisa!
No comments:
Post a Comment