This morning I was feeling a little nervous...definitely a few butterflies - could have been baby S, but I think that it was in part due to our ultrasound scheduled for today. There are so many little things that could go wrong, and the mind starts going to scary places!! :-)
Ry and I both worked a half day, and headed over to the doctor's office after lunch. Ry sat right next to me during the ultrasound, - and it couldn't have gone better. :-) When the first image went on the screen and we saw the little spine, and little heart beating - it was so incredible. I think I smiled the whole time. They were able to get all the measurements needed, we saw heart chambers, kidneys, fluid in the bladder and stomach, parts of the brain, legs, arms, lots of bone structures, two hands, two feet, a heartbeat around 146, and some serious kicking and moving. Baby S started out really curled up, then completely stretched out, then flipped around - and I felt some of the kicks during the appointment for sure. He/She was very awake and alert the whole time! We did NOT find out the gender - so everyone will have to wait about 20 weeks or so to know whether baby S is a boy or girl!! :-) We have an updated due date of February 14 - possibly a Valentine's Day baby!
Here is a not-so-good picture of the ultrasound picture that shows the profile - you can see the one leg stretching way up towards the head in this one as Baby S is curled up.
And for my relatives that live far, far away....a picture of the baby belly at 20 weeks. :-)
oooh....love that little bump! so glad that the ultrasound went well! and that picture....i can already tell that this baby is a cutie! :)
ReplyDelete