There was lots going on in March, but added to that was a little bit of Easter prep and celebration.
The girls and I made Easter eggs together. They are getting a lot more independent with the steps as they get older!
Easter morning, the day after Papa's funeral, and just a few hours before we were going to be leaving for the airport for our flight to Florida, we managed to fit in a little bit of our annual Easter egg hunt. We had the Easter service on the TV as we ate breakfast, finished packing, and got ready for the girls and I to be gone for five days.
Although we didn't make it to church for the service, the importance of Easter was not forgotten. As we thought about Jesus and read the Easter story in the Bible at bedtime with the girls, and rejoiced in the understanding that Jesus had been raised from the dead, I thought a lot about Papa in all of that, too. He was now whole, and in heaven. Many reasons to find joy in sadness.
No comments:
Post a Comment