On my way to school on Tuesday morning, I was making a turn at a 4-way stop, and all of a sudden I heard this loud bang/noise, and my car was totally lopsided! There was a hunk of sheered off junk metal in the road that completely flattened my front passenger tire. :( After a moment of panic, I called school, called for a tow truck, and called the service center that I always use - that happened to be about 2 miles away. I was grateful that the tow truck was fast (got to me about 15 minutes later!), the service center was ready and helpful and shuttled me off to school, and I only got to school about 40 minutes late where my principal was covering my classroom for me!
The day looked up from there! After school, we surprised the girls and the Christmas lovies came "back" from the "North Pole"! So fun!
Then, this past weekend, Mem came to visit! She picked up the girls on Friday. Taylor and Camryn have been having fun watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - and so Mem came with the book as a gift for the girls, and a fun chocolate cookie recipe. :)
When I got home, I had a cookie - they were so good! - and I found that my new custom Reebok Nano's had arrived! KP :)
Ryan was attending a visitation for a family friend who died suddenly and tragically during the week, so it was just Mem, the girls, and myself for most of the evening.
We went out to dinner on 8th street together
Saturday morning, we headed to Mt. Pisgah! It was a gorgeous morning for it!
And, after? Anna's House!!
The beautiful day continued - and the girls spent a lot of afternoon outside with Mem.
Saturday evening, I helped the girls make "thankful turkeys" :)
And we did a little shopping - Christmas is everywhere! (Camryn fell asleep on the way - sleepy girl after a busy, active day!!)
We hung some Christmas lights in the girls rooms... they are just so pretty we couldn't wait!
Sunday (70 degrees outside!) wrapped up the week with a long walk outside, and time at the playground. Hard to think that we might have snow in a couple weeks!
It was quite a first week of November! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment