Sunday, September 18, 2016

Cereal City Triathlon

This year I decided to sign up for the Cereal City Tri as my 'one' triathlon this summer. It is so nice because the starting line is less than a mile from Mem's house, and the area is so familiar.

Neither Mem or dad were in BC that weekend, so it was just our family.

Early morning start....I usually like to get to the transition area right when it opens so I can get my preferred spot on the bike racks. :) Gorgeous morning!

Race time - Ryan and the girls arrived seconds before I had to get in the water for the start of the race! We were in the background of this photo!

Pics taken by the race photographer






Completely exhausted toward the end of the run - but I always try to remember to be in the moment, enjoy that adrenaline rush of racing, smile at the awesome volunteers on the course, and remember that I will get to breath again when I cross that finish line. ;)

All smiles at the end!




Waiting for the awards

Second female overall.... couldn't catch the super cute, and young!, 17-year-old, but I tried!  :D



Pretty happy with the pace times - especially the run!

Looking forward to training and picking another race next summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment