Sunday, March 13, 2016

March 1st Snow Day!

We had our final (fingers crossed) snow day this school year on the first day of March. It was a busy day that I thought deserved a post all on its own. :)

When I got back from the gym, the girls and I talked about what to do for breakfast. We usually go to Big Apple Bagel together, but decided to just stay cozy in the house for a while. Camryn was complaining that her ear hurt really bad, and Taylor woke up with a headache, so staying in seemed good! We decided to make homemade donuts - pumpkin cinnamon glazed donuts. Yum. :-)


By the time they got around to eating the donuts, they were in full princess gear. :-)

As the morning progressed, Camryn was more and more uncomfortable. Little tears. :(

Late morning, I put on Winnie the Pooh for her and she snuggled down for a while.


I finally called the advice line nurse and we made an appointment to go in to the pediatrician. Sure enough, an ear infection. Cam is such a champ at the doctor, she knows the order of things that will happen - height, weight, take her temp, give her a 'hug' (blood pressure), and look in her ears.
The girls thought it would be fun to bring their own doctors stuff along. They were giving each other check-ups while we waited. 



The little tube in her ear had started doing its job by the time we got to the appointment, so we were on our way home with just ear drops.

With the drops and some ibuprofen in her system, she was feeling better. We stopped by my school for a bit so I could work, but when we got home both girls really wanted to go sledding while I took care of the driveway.

(Don't mind the abundance of pictures here...it was fun to get some of their running shots as they went down the hill!


Mid air!


This next part cracks me up....she would often land on her sled, and slide down the hill a bit before face-planting in the snow...and then run back up the hill to do it again. :)







Taylor's turn!

Up in the air!




They played outside for almost two hours!!


 Love this one!!


It was a great snow day, and they kept me busy! I took a screen shot of my FitBit app at the end of the day....


so many steps, but so much fun. :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment