The old house.
We had one bathroom, two bedrooms. We had lots of "cozy moments" - sharing beds, sharing one sink in the bathroom, always having to tread carefully when someone was sleeping because of the creaking floors, and there wasn't a place in the house that you could get very far from the bedrooms.
But despite its size, and at times, the inability for us to just have a little SPACE to breath, we loved that house. It is where Ryan and I went right after we got married, it is where we brought both our girls home after they were born. The majority of our family's memories for the past seven years, happened in that house.
Ryan spent hours, one Christmas break, painting the whole basement so we could have an extra play space for the kids.
We had fun decorating our little space for Christmas
I spent many snuggly hours with Taylor in her little room when she was first born
We could easily walk to a number of different parks
Our pink bathroom eventually grew on us and though we didn't love it, we got used to the color after while :)
Living in town, we got a lot of trick-or-treaters
Taylor started learning how to be a big sister in that house (any many first baths were taken on that kitchen counter)
The girls and I spent a lot of time in that backyard during summer break
Moving day felt significant. The craziness started early, moving all the "little" stuff first, and then the movers came through to get the big stuff.
Moving out of the old....
And before we knew it - the house was empty. We brought the girls to the house one last time. Taylor was sad - she didn't understand where her things were, and why the house was empty. We were all a bit emotional. But then we drove to the new house. :)
The new house. No longer in the 'city', we are loving the quiet. There is space. The floors don't creak. We aren't fighting over one sink. The girls each have a bedroom they can call their own. We commented on how quickly it felt like...home.
Want to know what is one of the hardest things for me to get used to? The dishwasher! Ha! I automatically start washing the dishes, even after two weeks. I was so excited to have one, now I just have to remember to use it. :)
The girls and I at the new house, right after we officially closed.
One of their favorite places to be - so nice to have easy access to be outside.
And now we can play in the driveway, without worrying about traffic.
Feeding the ladies dinner in the new space (we can actually use all four sides of the table now!)
On a cul-de-sac...what I always wanted...







YAYAYAY!!! LOVE this post! So excited for you, Kel, and for all the memories that you will create in this new home!
ReplyDelete