Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Three and a half, and {almost} one and a half

In a few days Tay will be halfway to 4, and next month Cam will be halfway to 2! I feel like I haven't been good about writing down about what the girls are like and have been up to this summer - how they have grown up and how they have changed. I am afraid my mommy-brain won't remember what this stage was like!

First up - Tay.
* With less than a handful of accidents in over a month - this little lady is officially potty trained. Daytime, nighttime, naps...she's got it down.

* This summer, if I nap in the afternoon (or act like I am going to nap and lay down next to her on our big bed), Tay will nap. If I am up and about, she won't lay down. the girl NEEDS a nap - especially by later in the evening, so I try to make it happen every day. :)

* Tay is all about things that grow! She loves checking out the progress of our neighbor's "potatoes" (they are actually tomatoes :)), and likes to see them change color. She loved going blueberry picking for the first time this summer. She also planted pumpkins with grandpa this spring, and has been keeping track of how those have been growing.

* Tay is at a stage where she has VERY strong emotions about things. About {practically} everything it feels like sometimes. Whew. It can be exhausting. But Taylor, if you read this someday when you are older, know that we love you just as deeply and strongly as ever, and no amount of screaming, hitting, tantrums, scratching, throwing things, etc., could ever shake how we felt about you. :) You are a very strong-willed little girl, and we hope that can be to your advantage someday!

* Tay has little patience for actually sitting down and eating right now. Who has time to eat when there is so much playing to be done!

* Tay's nighttime sleep habits are completely out of whack. She goes to bed when I do, Ryan moves her to her own bed (hopefully not waking Cam in the process) after she is cashed out asleep, and then more nights than not, at some point Tay comes running back into our room like she has had had a terrifying nightmare. Cannot wait for her to have her OWN bedroom in the new house! We've got some work to do to get her back to a better bed time, and to get her comfortable with sleeping on her own. I hate that she has developed this nighttime fear, and am hoping that we can figure out the best way to help her feel safer at night.

*  Tay is not completely out of the woods with her tendency to get carsick, but it is SO much better than it was before. When she asks for her window down, we do it without question. :o)

* Favorites this summer have been anything with water - sprinklers, kiddie pool, and of course the LAKE. Other favorites - Thomas and her new train track, endlessly kicking a ball around in the basement, YouTube videos of Thomas the Tank Engine or old-school Chip & Dale/Donald Duck episodes, and playdates with little friends or family. 

Now updates about Cam-Cam!

* Yes, we often call her Cam-Cam... but when she is being a stinker, I will definitely call her Camryn Ann in a scolding tone. She really dislikes being scolded, and will sometimes completely breakdown in tears when I do! Such a tender heart. :)

* Tantrums have started. Seems early?!

* "Words" so far - mama, dada (which is also how she says Taylor's name - for "Tay Tay" she says dada - can't quite get those "T" sounds yet ")), wa-wa (water), oh wow, uh-oh, na-na (no no), kak (quack for a duck sound), woof woof, ball, ni-ni (night, night) and probably others that I can't think of!

* Morning naps were dropped in the past week or so. Cam goes down around 7:30, gets up around 7am, and takes one nap starting around 12:30, and is usually down until 3 or 4pm.

* Cam does really well with using a fork and spoon during meals - and is still at that stage where she likes to try lots of foods - especially whatever I am eating.

* Cam loves her taggie blankets, lambie, and paci.

* Favorites this summer - walks in the stroller, reading book after book after book, being wherever I am :), bath time, eating - the girl loves to eat, playing in the Cozy Coupe, playing with her baby dolls, and playing with Taylor's toys when she isn't looking :)

Picture summer updates!

Picking blueberries with two little sweeties - Addison and Ellery


Breakfast with Cam before Taylor wakes up - I am going to truly miss this relaxed time with her in the morning - one of my favorite parts of the day

Classroom helpers - as I have been setting up my room, Camryn does pretty well with playing in my room, and Taylor just loves coming to school with me - each year it will get easier!



It was like having two sets of twins! My friend Kristen and I did some shared babysitting time this summer, and these pictures are from the morning when I had all four kids. Addi and Cam are practically the same age, and so are Ty and Taylor! It was a fun, BUSY morning, but the kids did SO well!




An extra fun-FILLED stroller ride (although apparently we wore Addi out - big yawn!)

The two big kids found a little bug on the sidewalk


That's it for now! Next up - BABY shower pics - there's going to be a new little baby Parker in a week or two!! 



1 comment:

  1. What a great napper Cam is, that's amazing 12:30-3 or 4. Gunner only naps for an hour and a half.

    ReplyDelete