Monday, February 18, 2013

3

 
One post to talk about Taylor.

One post to talk about our now "three" year old.

One post. This won't even come close to encompassing everything about Taylor at this stage of her life. But I am going to try, because I want to remember her now. What she is like now. Who she is now. My first little girl. (And I have to put this in here, because it will be part of the memory of writing this, that Taylor is currently sitting on the couch, snuggled right up next to me, even though she is supposed to be sleeping in her bed.)

There will be posts about the celebration of this birthday, and the fun we've had, but this one is just about Taylor. :)

Where to start!

 Taylor's favorites ~ lovies (specifically white blankie and "Tony"), her apps on the ipad, reading books, spelling her name, giving us a kiss followed by a 'big squeeze' hug, snacks, playing downstairs while listening to songs, pretend games/conversations/scenarios with little figurines, making and listening to music, making Camryn laugh, anything to do with Christmas (I had nothing to do with that, promise ;o)), swimming, making independent decisions, coloring with crayons or markers, hanging out in only her diaper, kicking a soccer ball around and shooting goals, her aunts and uncles, her grandparents, she will loudly squeal "Mem!" when we first see her during a visit, loves certain TV/movie characters (Mickey and Minnie, Dora, Nemo, Doc McStuffins, Pooh), sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed, going to 'mama's school', the cottage, the fish tanks at Meijer and her pediatrician's office


Taylor's dislikes ~ doing something that is not her own idea, sitting on the potty (she is getting so much better, but this has been a real battle/struggle so far), wearing pajamas, wearing pants when we are at home - she will take them off as soon as we get in the door, having her hair rinsed during bath time, staying in her own bed, being told what to do (she will "shush" us quite frequently), paint of any kind - especially finger paint, Camryn playing with her toys, the shower head (she is very apprehensive about showers!), ice cream (we think it is because it is too cold), having to leave the pool, trying that first bite of new food, staying in her own bed all night long :o)

(see? no pants :))


THREE things WE love about Taylor right now...
1. She is a constant reminder to find joy in the LITTLE things... a new book for bedtime stories, jumping in a puddle (even after mommy told her not to), getting to push the buttons for the elevator

2. She will freely tell us the sweetest things... "I love you so much, mommy", "you're my pal" (that one makes us laugh), "thank you mommy, thank you for the yummy snack" "I'm sorry mommy, I'm sorry"

3. She is so observant and smart! (I am the mama, I can say things like that :)) Her ability to pick up on familiar words, letters, numbers, street signs, and spell her name, and recognize her friend's names, reading (memorized) books entirely by herself, and her memory when it comes to songs she hears and can sing back to us...we are so, so proud

OH, and I have to add this in - picking her up at daycare can make me smile, no matter how the day has gone - she squeals so loudly when we pick her up that everyone in the area knows that "Taylor's mommy is here" :o)



THREE things that Taylor does that makes her seem more grown up...
1. She now calls us "mom" and "dad" more frequently

2. What she accomplishes in her class at daycare, and learns from her teacher (we love Miss Jill!)

3. This may seem strange, but having her finally be to that age where she gets to take Valentine's in for her class, and that I got to make birthday treats for her little friends yesterday...I can just remember having birthday treats for school for my OWN birthday and getting to pass out Valentine's - I can't believe that I have my own little lady who does those things now!


THREE things we look forward to her growing out of...
1. Wanting to be in diapers ;)
2. Being apprehensive (stubborn?) about staying in her own bed
3. Not wanting to share with Cam (they grow out of that, right? :o))


THREE things we wish for her...
1. Another healthy year
2. Love
3. Laughter and lots of smiles


Love you so much, Taylor Leigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment