We've hit that point of the summer...less than two weeks until the new school year begins! With it comes a sense of nervousness, excitement, some sadness, anticipation, and eagerness to see what this new year will hold!
This will start my seventh year of teaching. It took me seven years of school and two undergrad degrees before I became a teacher. It has been a long journey since graduating high school about 13 years ago!!
Each school year has been its own journey, none quite the same - and this year will be a different adventure, again!
In getting ready to go back, Taylor and Camryn went to daycare earlier this week to check out their new rooms, and as sort of a "trial run" to see how drop-offs will go once the school year starts. They are both in new rooms - the baby room is new from the one that Taylor was in, and Taylor graduated up to the Toddler room now that she is 2 1/2. We wanted to check out where they will be playing during the day while Ry and I are at work. This was the first time taking Camryn, and my mommy emotions may have given in a little bit - tears for sure - it doesn't get any easier with the second child.
But the best part of that day? Getting home and being able to snuggle both girls, and enjoy some serious cuddle time with the littlest one. :)
I was lucky enough to have a longer maternity leave with Camryn - an extra couple of months compared to Taylor. I have loved the extra time with her during these early, tiny months of her life. I have no doubt that she will continue to grow and thrive with her sweet caretakers at daycare, and I will just LOVE and cherish the time together as a family outside of work even more.
Amidst the classroom preparation, you can be sure that I am going to be just soaking up the time with these two little ladies...
It has been an unforgettable summer as a family of four
And these two sweeties have been a big part of it :o)
13 more days to play!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment