Sunday, October 30, 2011

Playdate, pool, and puzzles

Parent-teacher conferences at the beginning of the week mean a couple of busy days and late nights at work, but it also leads up to a long weekend with no school Thursday and Friday! :o)

Thursday, Taylor's little buddy Ty came over to play for a while, and those two had SO much fun together. Between running back and forth from the kitchen to the living room (giggling like crazy), knocking down the letter magnets on the fridge together, and playing in the ball tent at the same time, it was a fun afternoon!
Here are a few pictures of them playing in the ball tent. If you can't tell by Taylor's smile, I think she is pretty smitten with Ty. Apparently she has a big smile on her face each morning when he gets to daycare, too. :o)




 Friday, Ryan took a half day and, along with some other errands, he and Taylor went to my 16 week appointment for baby Slagh #2 - and everything looked great!!

Saturday we took a day road trip to my parents house. Early afternoon Ry watched some football with my uncle (while Taylor napped), and my dad and I headed over to a swim meet that was being held at the new pool my high school built after I had graduated. A college quad meet was actually being held at the pool, including Hope, so it gave me an excuse to go see what the new pool was like! Let's just say that it was AMAZING compared to the little six lane pool we trained in when I was in high school. :o)


Had to capture this as proof that I once had a school record for the 100 breaststroke (it has held for 12 years, but it certainly won't last forever :)).

Also contributed to a few wall tiles for donations for the new pool, and got to see them in person!






And, my lovely senior picture was still in the swimming and diving case outside the pool.....


After the meet and football, we headed to the Zoo Boo!! Pictures to come tomorrow for a Halloween post :o)

After Zoo Boo fun, Taylor showed off her puzzle skills to "Bapa" and they also had quite a bit of fun with the "Bottle Battle" truck (that is a toy from when my brother and I were little).
(Side note: don't mind her outfit, she was wearing half of her Halloween costume... :o))


Bapa showed Taylor how the little people driving the truck could come out, and she was fascinated with this - I think they took the little people in and out of that truck 20 times in a row.

 

It was a busy, but really great four day weekend with family and friends. :-D

2 comments:

  1. I loved watching them together.... so cute :) We'll have to do it again. This long weekend went WAY to fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee....love your senior picture! it's fun to walk down memory lane every once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete