Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011

Another Labor Day weekend behind us, another summer break coming to a close!

We spent the holiday weekend at the lake with family, and as always, it was a fun couple of days! The weather didn't always cooperate with plans - it was 80+ degrees on Friday, and barely 50 degrees when we left today, along with some pretty impressive rain showers throughout the weekend - but we still had a great time!

Swims in the lake (even this morning when the air temp was 50, and the water temp was 70...it made the water seem quite warm!), bike rides, 3 mile walks, s'mores over the fire, trip to Petoskey, game playing, lots of grilled food, late nights, and early mornings too (thanks to someone whose name starts with a "T" and ends with an "r" :o)). 

Our camera was neglected for the majority of the weekend, but luckily I had some family members that I borrowed some pics from!

Headed out on our favorite 3 mile loop...

Someone found a mud puddle...



With family (and Buddy, too! Taylor was pretty excited that there was a dog around! :o))


My little lady and I

(Every time my uncle tried to squat down to take a picture, Taylor would stop and squat, too)

Getting the fire started

Aaron (my cousin) providing the music fireside...

 I just find this picture kind of funny, apparently Ryan and I were feeling rather serious :)


Buddy enjoying some sticky marshmallow


Roasting marshmallows - my first and only time this summer!

Reading - this girl always wants to be reading :-)


And a few last pics on the last morning, a cold, chilly, windy, fall-like morning, and Taylor came out to watch me swim :o)


It was a fun weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment