Friday, May 14, 2010

Dedication and Daycare

Currently I am letting Taylor out of my arms for a few minutes while I do a little post...but will quickly snuggle up with her again as soon as I am done because, you see, I had to be away from the sweet little girl this week for more hours than I want to count. Maternity leave over, work and daycare begin!

But let me back up to the day before I went back to work - Mother's Day!! What a fun, awesome, and wonderful thing to be a mother, and have a day to celebrate it! I felt like it gave me an extra reason to love and snuggle Taylor, and it just makes me appreciate and love my own mom that much more! I never realized what an awesome job she has and what a blessing it is to be able to carry the title "mom". (Love you mem!!)
(Taylor and I when she was 1 day old...)
We had another celebration on Mother's Day as well - Taylor was dedicated at church! She did SO well in front of the church (thank goodness for bright stage lights to capture a little person's attention). Lots of family attended the service, and we had lunch at our house afterward (I think we found the maximum capacity for our little house! :-D).

Taylor with her grandma's at church
Cute little dress (on a very chilly Mother's Day!)

And now onto this week...what a week!! It was back to the classroom for me in two ways! I started teaching again on Monday, and also started my second to last grad class on Monday evening. Monday morning - first day at daycare for Taylor - whew - that was tough. I will admit that I was emotional getting her up that morning, when I fed her, when I changed her, when I put her in her car seat, the drive to daycare, and driving away from daycare (and maybe a little at school before the students were there and someone would mention her name). But we both made it through the first day, and each day got a little easier, although I didn't miss her any less! Getting back into the groove during the school day was easier than I thought - I was nervous to go back - it felt like it was the first day of the school year all over again!

It is especially hard to have to get her up and ready for daycare when she looks like this in the morning (this is not even a minute after she ate and I put her down to continue getting ready).



But one week down and only a few to go until the summer! It is going to be a fantastic summer!! Here are some more pictures...can't help myself... :-)


Bath time, blue eyes

Happy early birthday to me!! Baby Jogger!! :-)



Dressed and ready to watch daddy play softball for the first time!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this post just made me tear up, just imagining how hard it must've been that first morning leaving little Taylor. I will continue to pray for you, Kel!

    LOVE the pics - look at those blue eyes! And AWESOME baby jogger - yaaay!

    ReplyDelete