Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer feels like it is going, going....

...gone!

With one month until the kindergarten open house at school where I get to meet my new group of kiddos - it seems like the time is going to go quickly!

Quick update on what the Slagh's have been up to...

**Grad school has kicked into full gear for Ryan, while my stu
dies have started to wind down. My weekly class was fun though, and I couldn't have done it (or actually enjoyed it a little bit), if it hadn't been for my carpooling buddy, Jana. One more class on Thursday, and I have a break until September!

**Softball, softball, softball. Between games on Mond
ay, Wednesday and Thursday nights, and weekend tournaments, softball has been a huge part of our lives this summer. Ryan's tournament team played Bay City last weekend (ASA state championships), Jackson this coming weekend (NSA state championships), and another couple in August/September. Go, go, go!

**Riding, riding, running, riding, swimming. I have a new found joy of riding solo this summer. The past few weeks have had a lot of solo early morning or early afternoon rides, and I continue to LOVE my bicycle. Of course group rides and rides with Ryan or my dad and/or my uncle have been a blast, too. Running has taken more of a backseat...early morning jogs before the sun is completely up has been my preference so far...and I am still waiting for washed out roads to be fixed so I can return to my regular running route! The lake swim got me back in the water more regularly...I WISH I had an outdoor pool I could train in...that would be wonderful...

**I have read FOUR books this summer! Next one - Schools of Fish - about applying the "Fish" Philosophy to teaching - enjoying it so far!

**FRUIT. Overdosing on fruit is a common occurrence every day. Check out the size of these raspberries!


**UP NORTH. Next scheduled trip to Charlevoix - August 7th. Can't wait.

**New addition. If you made it this far, you may learn something new. Ryan and I heard a little heartbeat today - 164 bpm - There is going to be a new Slagh in the family next February!! We are THRILLED and pray that everything continues to go really, really well. Naps are my favorite thing right now, along with anything salty. This is the picture we gave our parents/grandparents in a baby frame to tell them the news. :-)

Next summer I may look at this post and wonder when I had time to do long rides during the day, or read any book at all. :-) But we still can't wait. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!! So happy for you guys. :o) Glad the doctor's appointment went well for you today! Looks like your little lime has spunk just like his/her mom! :o) See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo jealous of the books... I've been trying to make more time to read. Oh, yeah, and of course I wish I was pregnant with you. What a great time for you and Ryan--enjoy the discoveries, good and bad. Next summer I'll be posting how many books I've read, and I think you might be jealous of me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy for you kelly! you are going to LOVE motherhood!

    ReplyDelete